Prepare Artwork for Screen Printing
In this video I teach how to prepare artwork for t-shirt screen printing in Adobe Illustrator.
The "Girl Power" shirt I designed was created for toddlers. I will show you how to
clean up your file, and separate colors so your screen printer is happy!
An overview of this tutorial:
1. Make sure your file is CMYK
2. Place and vectorize artwork
3. Delete unused color swatches
4. Change all colors to Pantone colors (AKAspot colors)
5. Make the underbase white
6. Add .5" stroke to top layer of artwork
7.Go to Window-Atrribute and check "overprint fill" and "overprint stroke"
8. Go to Window-Seperations Preview, Hide CMYK to view spot colors
9. Save your file either as EPS, AI or PDF
10. Email file to your screen printer
Tools Used in this Video:
Save this Tutorial to Your Pinterest: